Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)/ Polycystic Ovary Disease (PCOD-Best PCOD Clinic in Chennai) is a hormonal disorder common among women of reproductive age. Women with PCOS(Best PCOS Clinic in Chennai) may have infrequent or prolonged menstrual periods or excess male hormone (androgen) levels. The ovaries may develop numerous small collections of fluid (follicles) and fail to regularly release eggs.Mithraa nature cure one of the best PCOS/PCOD Clinic in Chennai.
Causes (Best PCOS/PCOD Clinic in Chennai)
They believe that high levels of male hormones prevent the ovaries from producing hormones and making eggs normally.
Genes, insulin resistance, and inflammation have all been linked to excess androgen production
Symptoms (Best PCOS/PCOD Clinic in Chennai)
Some women start seeing symptoms around the time of their first period. Others only discover they have PCOS / PCOD after they’ve gained a lot of weight or they’ve had trouble getting pregnant (Best PCOS/PCOD Clinic in Chennai).
The most common PCOS / PCOD symptoms are:(Menses Problem Clinic in Chennai)
- Irregular periods: A lack of ovulation prevents the uterine lining from shedding every month. Some women with PCOS get fewer than eight periods a year .
- Heavy bleeding: The uterine lining builds up for a longer period of time, so the periods you do get can be heavier than normal.
- Hair growth: More than 70 percent of women with this condition grow hair on their face and body — including on their back, belly, and chest . Excess hair growth is called hirsutism.
- Acne : Male hormones can make the skin oilier than usual and cause breakouts on areas like the face, chest, and upper back.
- Weight gain ( Best Weight Reduction Clinic in Chennai): Up to 80 percent of women with PCOS are overweight or obese
- Male-pattern baldness: Hair on the scalp gets thinner and fall out.
- Headaches: Hormone changes can trigger headaches in some women.
Complications – (Best PCOS/PCOD Clinic in Chennai)
- Metabolic syndrome
- Sleep apnea
- Endometrial cancer